Upon completion of a German major, students should be able to:
- Comprehend and produce a broad range of communicative structures in German, showing sufficient control and understanding of complex critical and analytical statements in the target language.
- Demonstrate the critical thinking ability required to perform complex textual analysis using appropriate tools.
- Recognize and understand literary, linguistic, and cultural texts and apply digital tools across different texts and contexts.
- Demonstrate a foundational knowledge of German language, literatures, and cultures by locating, evaluating and contextualizing valid and reliable information.
- Engage the German-speaking world with empathy and with understanding of the diversity of human experience across languages and cultures.