Upon completion of a degree in Spanish, students should be able to:
- Comprehend and produce a broad range of communicative structures, showing sufficient control and understanding of complex critical and analytical statements in Spanish.
- Demonstrate a critical thinking ability required to recognize and address complex textual analysis using appropriate tools.
- Recognize and understand literary, linguistic, and cultural texts and apply digital tools across different texts and contexts.
- Demonstrate a foundational knowledge of Hispanic linguistics, literatures and cultures by locating, evaluating and contextualizing valid and reliable information.
- Engage the world with empathy and with understanding of the diversity of human experience across Hispanic cultures.
MAT Program Learning Goals
Upon completion of Rutgers Camden MAT in Spanish, students should be able to:
- Show proficiency in the Spanish language at the Advanced-Low ACTFL OPI level. MAT Graduates will be able to understand and produce complex critical and analytical statements in the target language.
- Demonstrate a profound knowledge and understanding of language acquisition theories and effective pedagogical practices for the Spanish classroom.
- Develop instructional goals and materials that support learners’ diversity and foster an engaging learning environment in the classroom.
- Recognize and apply literary, linguistic, and cultural texts and digital tools to their instructional practices to enhance student performance and improve learning outcomes.
- Demonstrate a foundational knowledge of educational linguistics as well as Peninsular and Latin American Literature and Cultures.